1/9 Photos of Oooh La La! French Savoury Ham, Cheese and Olive Cake
1 hr 5 mins
French Tart's Note:
Another one of my savoury "cake" recipes from France. This recipe is slightly more substantial than my Chic and Cheerful - Savoury French Olive, Cheese and Onion Cake, as this recipe contains ham with white wine and port! Serve this as alternative sandwich bread or as a light snack spread with cream cheese or butter. This cake recipe will also make fantastic little appetisers if the loaf is cut into small cubes and served with olives, cubes of cheese and savoury spreads. Please note that the texture of this savoury cake is NOT like a sweet dessert cake - it will be slightly holey with a robust and slightly chewy texture, almost like sourdough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 200C or 400°F.
- 2In a bowl beat the eggs until pale yellow and frothy.
- 3Stir in flour, baking powder, olive oil, melted butter, wine and port.
- 4Chop the ham, cube the cheese and slice the olives.
- 5Stir in ham, cheese, olives, salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Pour into greased bread tin, loaf tin or cake pan (11 X 4 inches would be a good size).
- 7Bake for about 50 minutes, or until well risen and golden brown.
- 8Serve cold in slices or as sandwich bread.
- 9This can be frozen in slices or as one whole loaf.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oooh La La! French Savoury Ham, Cheese and Olive Cake
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.6
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 118.8 mg
- Sodium 951.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 17.6 g