1/1 Photo of Ooie-Gooie-Chocolate -Caramel-Macadamia Chunk Cookies
Inspired by a combination of two cookies prepared at this year's National Cookie Challenge, here's my take on the ultimate chocolate chip cookie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (chopped, I use Ghiradelli)
- 30 chocolate-covered caramel candies (Rollo or Hershey's)
- 1 cup rolled oats (Quaker Oatmeal Original, dry)
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts (toasted & chopped)
- 1Cream butter & sugars in large mixing bowl. Add eggs, extracts, syrup, and cream.
- 2In another bowl, sift and mix flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips, oats, and toasted nuts. Fold dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- 3Chill dough for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 and PLACE A PIECE OF PARCHMENT PAPER ONTO YOUR COOKIE SHEET.
- 4Place a heaping tablespoon of dough into palm of your hand, and press one chocolate covered caramel candy into center of each piece of dough. Wrap dough around candy, covering completely.
- 5Bake cookies for 14-16 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool in pan until well set, then onto rack. Don't eat hot, as caramel is LAVA-like 8-).
- 6Serve with *plenty* of milk.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ooie-Gooie-Chocolate -Caramel-Macadamia Chunk Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.8
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.9 mg
- Sodium 89.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate-covered caramel candies