Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Inspired by a combination of two cookies prepared at this year's National Cookie Challenge, here's my take on the ultimate chocolate chip cookie!
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (chopped, I use Ghiradelli)
- 30 chocolate-covered caramel candies (Rollo or Hershey's)
- 1 cup rolled oats (Quaker Oatmeal Original, dry)
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts (toasted & chopped)
- Cream butter & sugars in large mixing bowl. Add eggs, extracts, syrup, and cream.
- In another bowl, sift and mix flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips, oats, and toasted nuts. Fold dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Chill dough for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 and PLACE A PIECE OF PARCHMENT PAPER ONTO YOUR COOKIE SHEET.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of dough into palm of your hand, and press one chocolate covered caramel candy into center of each piece of dough. Wrap dough around candy, covering completely.
- Bake cookies for 14-16 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool in pan until well set, then onto rack. Don't eat hot, as caramel is LAVA-like 8-).
- Serve with *plenty* of milk.
These were great, and had a really interesting texture due to the combination of flour and oats. A bit too sweet for my taste, so I'll tweak it a bit next time. If you don't have the macadamia nuts, feel free to omit them: I made half with nuts and half without, as my partner can't have nuts; upon tasting both, I couldn't honestly tell a difference. Thanks for the great recipe!
I made these at the request of my DD who wanted a cookie we had never had before. I saw this one and decided to try it. I can't believe it hasn't been reviewed!!! These cookies are A_W_E_S_O_M_E!!!