Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A combination of fresh spinach, mushrooms,and swiss cheese with a perky sauce of ground turkey and sausage gravy. I wanted to create a lasagna dish without tomato sauce and riccota. I love the spinach, mushroom, swiss cheese combination and used the sausage gravy to pep up the otherwise bland turkey flavor. "Ooh La La" what a lasagna! (If you can't find prepared sausage gravy, there are several good recipes on Zaar.)
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans sausage gravy (I use Campbells)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and black pepper
- 3 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Cook turkey (chicken) in a large frying pan until no longer pink.
- Remove to a dish using a slotted spoon.
- Add spinach to the pan and cook until just wilted.
- Remove to another dish.
- Add butter to pan and brown mushrooms.
- Remove to a separate dish.
- Return turkey (chicken) to the pan and add gravy, water and poultry seasoning.
- Stir to combine Spread a thin layer of gravy over the bottom of a lasagna pan.
- Top with 4 noodles.
- Cover with spinach, 1 cup cheese and more gravy.
- Add 4 more noodles, top with mushrooms, 1 cup of cheese, and gravy.
- Add the remaining 4 noodles, the rest of the gravy, top with the last cup of cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Yes this is an outstanding recipe! We do not like riccota cheese or alot of tomato sauce. This was so delicious! I did not have and could not find sausage gravy so I used the seasonings that Lorac suggested and this turned out wonderful! Thanks Lorac for a delicious recipe