Recipe by Lorac
A combination of fresh spinach, mushrooms,and swiss cheese with a perky sauce of ground turkey and sausage gravy. I wanted to create a lasagna dish without tomato sauce and riccota. I love the spinach, mushroom, swiss cheese combination and used the sausage gravy to pep up the otherwise bland turkey flavor. "Ooh La La" what a lasagna! (If you can't find prepared sausage gravy, there are several good recipes on Zaar.)
Top Review by RecipeNut
Yes this is an outstanding recipe! We do not like riccota cheese or alot of tomato sauce. This was so delicious! I did not have and could not find sausage gravy so I used the seasonings that Lorac suggested and this turned out wonderful! Thanks Lorac for a delicious recipe
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans sausage gravy (I use Campbells)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and black pepper
- 3 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Cook turkey (chicken) in a large frying pan until no longer pink.
- Remove to a dish using a slotted spoon.
- Add spinach to the pan and cook until just wilted.
- Remove to another dish.
- Add butter to pan and brown mushrooms.
- Remove to a separate dish.
- Return turkey (chicken) to the pan and add gravy, water and poultry seasoning.
- Stir to combine Spread a thin layer of gravy over the bottom of a lasagna pan.
- Top with 4 noodles.
- Cover with spinach, 1 cup cheese and more gravy.
- Add 4 more noodles, top with mushrooms, 1 cup of cheese, and gravy.
- Add the remaining 4 noodles, the rest of the gravy, top with the last cup of cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.