Recipe by peg_lyn
I had this dip years ago at a party I attended when I was working as a manicurist. A fellow nail technician made this and then shared the recipe with me. I have been making this appetizer ever since and it is always a hit. I have been known on occasion to add a small can of crushed pineapple (well-drained) to the dip to give it more of a sweet Hawaiian taste but that just depends on my mood.
- 1 (5 ounce) jardried beef, well rinsed and minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 loaf of king's Hawaiian bread or 1 loaf a sourdough bread bowl
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (well-drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the top off the bread and hollow out the bowl by tearing out the middle of bread.
- Reserve the torn bread pieces, wrapped to preserve freshness.
- Combine ingredients, mixing well.
- Spoon into hollowed out bread, replace the top crust and bake for 45 minutes at 300* degrees.
- Serve with bread pieces, crackers, or buttered & broiled (or just plain) French baguette slices.