Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
This recipe came from a friend who had these once in a restaurant... I don't remember which restaurant or even what the REAL name of the dessert is, but these are so easy and so delicious that everyone I share them with is embarrassed they haven't thought of this before! Couples love these because they can make just enough dessert for themselves, and families love them because the kids can help out. And, really... who doesn't love cookie dough?
- 3 tablespoons refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Put about 2-3 tablespoons of cookie dough into a small oven-safe souffle dish and and form a 1/4 inch"shell" or"crust" in the dish.
- Bake at 350°F until cookie dough JUST begins to cook, about 4 minutes.
- Immediately top with one scoop of vanilla ice cream, pushing the ice cream into the cookie dough so the ice cream begins to melt.
- Serve and eat immediately out of dish!
- (Caution: souffle cup will still be hot, be sure to use a hot pad or cloth napkin).
This is our family's favorite "go-to" dessert. It's easy, fast, and yummy!
Yea it is BJ's I work there! And it is called a pizookie. What makes it so go is that you serve it hot and fresh.
If you are a fan of cookie dough, this recipe will really appeal to you. My husband and I prefer our cookies to be baked. In the future, I will use the same method, but increase the baking time to about 8 minutes. This will leave a soft center to the cookie, but eliminate most of the raw dough. The flavor of this dish is extremely rich, and even a small custard cup is almost more dessert than I could finish.