Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Chocolate and caramel
Make and share this Ooey-Gooey Turtle Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) packagepillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup land o lakes butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 16 graham cracker squares, crumbled
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Press cookie dough evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.Sprinkle 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups of the pecans over dough; lightly press into dough. Set aside.In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar, caramel topping and graham cracker crumbs. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Pour over crust in pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups pecans.Bake 25 to 32 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and pecans are lightly toasted. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes; loosen sides from pan, but do not cut. Cool completely, about 3 hours longer. (For firmer bars, let stand an additional 2 hours.) For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.