Recipe by Pinay0618
The classic pairing--chocolate and caramel--comes together once more in a simple, scrumptious bar. From the 43rd Pillsbury Bake Off. Cooking time includes 3 hours cooling time.
Top Review by FloridaFoodFan
These bars are sooooo good!!! I like to make them with half the chocolate chips because I think 12oz overpowers the bars. I could eat the caramel-graham cracker mixture by the spoonful. YUM!
- 467.76 g packagepillsbury create 'n bake refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 340.19 g bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 709.77 ml chopped pecans
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml packed light brown sugar
- 347.28 g jarsmucker's caramel ice cream topping
- 236.59 ml graham cracker crumbs (16 squares)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Press cookie dough evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups of the pecans over dough; lightly press into dough. Set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar, caramel topping and graham cracker crumbs. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Pour over crust in pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups pecans.
- Bake 25 to 32 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and pecans are lightly toasted. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes; loosen sides from pan, but do not cut. Cool completely, about 3 hours longer. (For firmer bars, let stand an additional 2 hours.) For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.