Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
The classic pairing--chocolate and caramel--comes together once more in a simple, scrumptious bar. From the 43rd Pillsbury Bake Off. Cooking time includes 3 hours cooling time.
- 467.76 g packagepillsbury create 'n bake refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 340.19 g bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 709.77 ml chopped pecans
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml packed light brown sugar
- 347.28 g jarsmucker's caramel ice cream topping
- 236.59 ml graham cracker crumbs (16 squares)
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Press cookie dough evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups of the pecans over dough; lightly press into dough. Set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar, caramel topping and graham cracker crumbs. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Pour over crust in pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups pecans.
- Bake 25 to 32 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and pecans are lightly toasted. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes; loosen sides from pan, but do not cut. Cool completely, about 3 hours longer. (For firmer bars, let stand an additional 2 hours.) For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
These bars are sooooo good!!! I like to make them with half the chocolate chips because I think 12oz overpowers the bars. I could eat the caramel-graham cracker mixture by the spoonful. YUM!
Easy to make, very rich, very tasty, but it isn't pretty. Wondering if some of the carmel could be reserved to top with to beautify it as the presentation stinks. Will make again but am wondering how to make it look nicer so others want to eat it.
I would give this recipe 10 stars if I could. They were so yummy even my DH who does not eat sweets ate 2 of them! They are so simple to make and turned out perfectly. Thanks for sharing!