4 hrs 20 mins
The classic pairing--chocolate and caramel--comes together once more in a simple, scrumptious bar. From the 43rd Pillsbury Bake Off. Cooking time includes 3 hours cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) package pillsbury create 'n bake refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) jar smucker's caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (16 squares)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Press cookie dough evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- 2Sprinkle 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups of the pecans over dough; lightly press into dough. Set aside.
- 3In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar, caramel topping and graham cracker crumbs. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Pour over crust in pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups pecans.
- 4Bake 25 to 32 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and pecans are lightly toasted. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes; loosen sides from pan, but do not cut. Cool completely, about 3 hours longer. (For firmer bars, let stand an additional 2 hours.) For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ooey-Gooey Turtle Bars
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.5
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 187.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g