Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe can also be used for pork steak. A different BBQ treat. Serve with stuffed peppers, onions and mushrooms.
- 8 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- water, to cover
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut ribs into serving portions of 2 to 3 ribs each.
- Put ribs in a large stockpot/Dutch oven.
- Add onion then add water to cover ribs.
- Season with S& P then cover.
- Simmer for 45 to 50 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Let cool.
- Puree cherry pie filling in an electric blender or food processor.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and saute finely chopped onion.
- Add pie filling and rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reserve some sauce to serve with ribs.
- Place ribs and sauce in a gallon ziplock bags and marinade of 2 hours.
- Turn bag 3-4 times.
- Place ribs on gas grill over low.
- Cook 20 to 25 minutes.
- Turn 3-4 times.
- When you first turn ribs, drizzle them with the leftover cherry sauce in the ziplock bag.
- Serve ribs with the reserved cherry sauce.