Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The name says it all. And the thicker you spread the mixture the more ooey and gooey it gets, which is my own personal preference. This makes for a nice picnic or in my case a potluck in which everyone enjoyed. The spread doesn't have to be eaten all at once, so refrigerate whatever is leftover or want for later on.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free chocolate syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 slices tomatoes (optional)
- In a medium bowl mix everything, except the bread and tomatoes together.
- Spread generously over one slice of bread and top it with a second slice of bread to make a sandwich.
OoeyGooey is right! This yummy sandwich is like a banana split on bread! I didn't add the Splenda - it was plenty sweet as is. I didn't add the optional tomatoes but will try them next time. I scaled this down to 1 serving and enjoyed a rich and sweet breakfast - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for the Sweet Traditions event, 2009
I made this on a whim without seeing your recipe at all (GMTA!). I spread half of an overripe banana on lower-carb oatmeal bread and topped it with sugar free strawberry jam, a drizzle of sugar free chocolate syrup and spread natural peanut butter on the other slice. I didn't use the extra sweeteners or the tomato and only made one sandwich. Tasted like a banana split almost! Certainly much healthier than one!!! Thanks for posting! ~Sue