Chef #1006571's Note:
I was culling my recipe files and I came across this recipe I had downloaded in 2003. I haven't tried the recipe yet which explains the need to cull my files. I was looking for a color picture to go with the recipe and I couldn't find this version anywhere. So I'm entering this recipe in case anyone would like to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces peanut butter chips
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 13X9X2" baking pans with cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy.
- 4Blend in oil and vanilla.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- 7Gradually beat flour mixture into creamed mixture until well-blended.
- 8Fold in peanut butter chips.
- 9Spread 1/4 batter into one pan.
- 11In a small bowl, cream peanut butter and oil.
- 12Blend in sugar and flour.
- 13Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- 14Spread half of filling mixture carefully over batter in pan.
- 15Top filling with an additional 1/4 of batter and spread evenly.
- 16Gently cut through layers to create a marbled effect.
- 17Repeat process with remaining pan, remaining batter and remaining filling.
- 18Bake 30 minutes. Do not overbake.
- 20Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, melt chocolate and peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly.
- 21Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients until smooth.
- 22If frosting is too thick add an additional 1-3 T. water.
- 23Spread frosting over brownies immediately after baking.
- 24Cool in pans on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ooey Gooey Peanut Butter and Fudge Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.2
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 66.4 mg
- Sodium 210.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 32.6 g
- Protein 7.8 g