Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Cut this recipe out of a magazine sometime back. I have not tried this recipe but am posting it at the request of a Zaar member.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 (22 ounce) boxpremium brownie mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) containerprepared rich chocolate frosting
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- BATTER: In bowl, beat together oil, water, and eggs.
- Stir in brownie mix until ingredients are moist.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- FILLING: In bowl, cream together peanut butter, oil, sugar, flour, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Carefully spread filling over batter, using a rubber spatula, cut filling into batter creating a marble effect throughout the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- FROSTING: In medium bowl, cream together frosting and peanut butter.
- Spread frosting over brownies immediately after baking or after completely cooling.
Yum! I made these and served with whipped cream on top, which balanced out the peanut butter flavor. This is a very rich brownie.
WOW, these are decadent. You could probably cut them a lot smaller than 24 to a pan. And they weigh a ton. I made them for a bake sale, and two brownies to a bag was super heavy compared to my other brownies. Great flavor. I used about half a can of frosting, and frosted them warm so it melted evenly across the top just to make them look pretty as I'm not a huge frosting fan. But you definitely need to frost them as they look goofy if you don't
YUMMY! I made my own brownies and then made Kittencal's Chocolate Frosting/Icing for the chocolate frosting part. Delish!! Lots of peanut butter taste! Thank you for sharing!