1/2 Photos of Ooey-Gooey Meatball Submarine Sandwich
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 hoagie roll, toasted lightly and split lengthwise, but not all the way through
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 5 -6 precooked meatballs (heated through)
- 1/2 cup homemade marinara sauce, heated through (or bottled Italian sauce, but homemade MAKES IT!)
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 dash dried oregano
- 1 dash dried basil
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and lightly toast hoagie roll. (A toaster oven is ideal for this, if you have one).
- 2Sprinkle both cheeses in the bottom of the hoagie roll, holding back about 1 tablespoonful for the top of the roll.
- 3Place the meatballs down the centre of the roll and ladle hot marinara sauce on top.
- 4Sprinkle tablespoonful of reserved shredded cheese and the parmesan cheese over top. Rub some dried oregano and basil between your fingers and sprinkle over top.
- 5Put meatball sub in an oven-safe dish and return to oven for a couple of minutes to heat through and melt the cheeses. Cool for a minute before tucking in .
- 6Place a large napkin around your neck, take a step back and take a big bite. Tastes good, yes?
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ooey-Gooey Meatball Submarine Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.6
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 1401.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: