Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The name says it all
- 1 cup karo corn syrup, with real brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips (optional)
- Spray a 9" x 13" pan Mazola cooking spray. Combine Karo syrup, sugar and salt in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar until mixture just BEGINS to boil (OR microwave on high (100%) for 2 to 2 ½ minutes until syrup bubbles around the edge.) When mixture begins to bubble and has a light froth on the surface, remove from heat and add peanut butter; stir until well blended.
- Stir in cereal. Pour into prepared pan; pat with greased spatula or waxed paper to level.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips, if desired; then press down with greased spatula or waxed paper. Cool and cut into squares.