Top Review by teresa
Belinda who is my friend who also rated this made this recipe and i stopped over at her house and tried it out and was it ever so good (not that she is a good cook) it was the recipe that did it all ....just kidding dont want her head to swell to much...it was very moist...Thanks for posting this recipe and Belinda thanks for making it.....
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 7 cups flour
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins (optional)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Karo syrup
- 2 cups pecans, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a cup, combine yeast, warm water and 1 tsp sugar. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix milk, remaining sugar, butter, salt and eggs. Stir well.
- Add yeast mixture.
- Add half the flour and beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough of the remaining flour until dough is stiff.
- Turn out onto a well-floured board.
- Knead for 10 minutes.
- Place in a plastic bowl and cover.
- Let dough rise in a warm place until double in bulk. This may take 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down dough and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll out on a floured surface into a 15x20 inch rectangle.
- To prepare filling----------.
- Spread dough with half cup butter.
- Mix together 1 1/2 cups sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over buttered dough.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and raisins.
- Roll up and pinch edge together to seal.
- Cut into 12 slices.
- Coat bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking pan and an 8 inch square pan with remaining 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Place cinnamon roll slices close together in pans.
- Let rise in a warm place until dough is doubled in bulk i.e. for about 45 minutes.
- In a saucepan, place all ingredients except for pecans.
- Melt these ingredients on range top.
- Mix in pecans and then pour over the top of rolls.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done.