1/2 Photos of Ooey, Gooey, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
MaMa's Apprentice's Note:
I have had so many requests for this recipe so I thought I'd better share. These cookies bake up fat and chewy with just the right amount of crisp! The quick oats give these cookies their incredible texture. And you would never guess there were oats anywhere in these cookies. I make these every Sunday night- a family tradition.
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and both sugars. (I like to cream them really well so I leave the mixer on while I do the next step.).
- 2Mix all dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking soda and salt) in a separate small bowl.
- 3Add 2 eggs, one at a time, to creamed ingredients.
- 4Add vanilla. Mix well.
- 5Add dry ingredients a little at a time until it's all well incorprated. (Mixture should be really thick and not real sticky. If too sticky, add extra flour 1 T. at a time until dry enough that you can pick up the dough and roll it without it sticking to your hands.).
- 6Mix in chocolate chips.
- 7I roll these into about golf ball sized balls and bake at 350 for 12-13 minutes. Take them out just as they are barely beginning to brown. The key is to not overbake these! Let them cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer to wire rack.
- 8Hint: If your cookies spread too much while baking, try putting the dough in the fridge for a while before baking up the next batch. If that doesn't work, add a bit more flour to it.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ooey, Gooey, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.0
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 190.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g