Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Chess Squares with a peanut butter taste! Yum. I made these for my office and everyone went wild over them. I fount this recipe in "Southern Lady Magazine."
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 3 eggs (divided)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup toffee pieces (divided)
- Set your oven to 350.
- Grease a 13 x 9 pan.
- With mixer, mix yellow cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg. Press into pan.
- Next, beat cream cheese until creamy (takes a few seconds), add confectioners’ sugar and two eggs and mix until well blended. Fold in peanut butter chips and ½ cup heath bar bits. Pour all this over yellow cake mixture. Sprinkle the rest of the heath bar bits on top and bake for 45 minutes. You can garnish with confectioners’ sugar.
These are very good and just as the name suggests OOEY GOOEY! I made them for a 4th of July barbecue and got many compliments on them. Worth giving a try. *HINT* I did go a cup shy on the sugar and they were still good and sweet.