Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake is sooooo moist, delicious and rich. It's wonderful served warm with a nice cup of coffee.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (The butter kind is good)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 box confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- Mix first four ingredients.
- Mixture will be thick.
- Spread into greased and floured 13" x 9" pan.
- Beat all topping ingredients together.
- Pour over cake.
- Bake 40 minutes or until done at 350 degrees.
DEEE-licious!!! My husband says it deserves 10 stars!! He asked for a piece.. then changed it to several pieces--for his bag lunch. I will be making this often!! I followed the recipe exactly--except for the pecans as I didn't have any. Thanks for posting!! :)
Not thrilled, my husband liked it but it was not near as good as that from my local grocery store! No crunch in the crust and no gooey center.... A little dry...... But again my husband liked it so not a complete failure!!!
Been making this for years, but could not find my recipe today. Made for a trivia fundraiser tonight and it was enjoyed by all at our table. Thanks Georgia Peach for posting!!