Recipe by Ann B
Truly addictive dessert with the best flavor. My mother got the recipe about 20 years ago from another woman at a potluck picnic. She actually carried copies of the recipe with her because so many people always ask for it!
Top Review by a242379
This is an awesome recipe that I have used for years. It is also called Smash Cake. Any kind of cake mix can be used. The preference of my family and friends is butter recipe cake mix. The recipe I use says to combine cream cheese, eggs and powdered sugar and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes. I found if I under beat, the topping does not come out right. Very easy to make and great taste.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix, melted butter and one egg.
- Add pecans to bottom layer.
- Pat into 13x9 inch pan.
- In a separate bowl beat cheese until fluffy.
- Add 2 remaining eggs to cheese and mix well.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until lumps are gone.
- Pour this mixture over cake in pan.
- bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until topping is golden.
- Allow to cool somewhat to set topping (slides off when warm).