Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 (1 lb) package powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix together cake mix, melted margarine and 1 egg.
- Press this mixture into an oblong baking pan.
- Add a layer of coconut and chopped nuts.
- Mix together cream cheese, 2 eggs, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spread over coconut and nuts; bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool and cut into small squares.
Oh these are goood. Gooey and soft, rich and sweet. I'm telling you, try these bars!I have made several times with all sorts of variations. Different flavors of cake mixes, chocolate chips instead of coconut, peppermint extract for the vanilla...you really can get creative, this will work with just about anything. Well, maybe not beets and liver.