Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love this brownie because it has everything in it!
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small saucepan, melt caramels in 1/3 c.
- of the evaporated milk over low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together remaining evaporated milk, cake mix, and melted butter.
- Press half of mixture into bottom of ungreased 13"x9" pan.
- Bake 10 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and 1 c.
- of pecans.
- Top with coconut and caramel mixture, spreading it to the edges.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mix on top.
- Sprinkle top with remaining pecans.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Makes 30 bars.