Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
These brownies are the perfect blend of fudge and cake to make a wonderful brownie.. mmm yum this recipe is still being tweaked as we can't seem to get consistent results. If you make this please let me know how it turned out and what if anything you did differently.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F butter 9x13 pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Stir in the sugar until dissolved. Remove mixture from heat and.
- beat in the eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and salt together.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until combined.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30-40 minutes. Do not overbake!
The taste of these brownies is very rich and chocolatey! I realize they are called Ooey Gooey, but I'm wondering if mine are more gooey than they are intended to be? I followed the recipe exactly... omitting the walnuts and adding some white chocolate chips instead... but after letting them cool down 45 minutes DH wanted one while still warm.... extremely gooey in the middle... there was no way these would cut out into perfect squares like shown in the picture. Maybe I should have waited until fully cooled to cut? Although this uses a ton of butter and sugar, I would like to make these again and see what happens. These sure did satisfy our sweet tooth! Ok I had to change my rating because after 40 minutes of baking and strict instructions not to overbake, these were no where near done. I later baked them for 25 minutes more and I guess after that you could say they were done, but still very odd and very messy. I went over ingredients time and time again and know for sure I did not make a mistake. I will try again when I have extra eggs and sugar to spare! So sorry, wish these would have worked better for me...
These are very very fudgey and chocolately. I followed all recipe ingredients except the walnuts. The step where you melt the butter and then add the sugar until it melts is really different from any brownies I have made before. It scared me but it turned out okay. Made for Please make my recipe.