Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Who doesn't like cookie dough? Well maybe I shouldn't ask that question because I'm sure there are a few squares out there who don't. But this one is for the rest of us! The blondies in the center of the pan will be gooiest, and the ones along the edge of the pan will please those who aren't hard core cookie dough fans. (This is my adaptation of "classic Blondies" By Anneliese8. Thanks for the basis of this recipe. The original version's really good too!)
- Cream margarine, brown sugar and white sugar until pale brown and thick.
- Add eggs one at a time; add vanilla.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in chocolate chips.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread batter into pan.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
I made these yesterday and didn't quite know what to expect as I don't believe I've ever had a blondie before. These seemed to me like very thick chocolate chip bar cookies. I prefer brownies really, but dh really liked these better than any brownie, so I'm going with the average of our star ratings and giving it four. Thanks for the different treat.