Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
These noodles are wonderful if you need a quick side dish. They use ingredients you may already have in your pantry making them a great last minute dinner addition. The recipe comes from Canadian Living's Make It Tonight.
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm (about 8 min).
- Drain noodles, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Return noodles to pot.
- You may moisten the noodles with reserved water if desired.
- Toss with remaining ingredients and serve.
I loved that I had everything I needed on hand to make these noodles....always a plus!! I was looking for a low fat noodle dish, and with no butter or cream this worked. I halved the amount of olive oil, but left the garlic and red pepper flakes the same. I did use a bit of the starch water. I also added a little kosher salt to these. Thanks for sharing!
Used this as a side dish for Mediterranean Poached Fish#418530 and it was great! I did add more garlic (we love garlic) and added some of the reserved water and some freshly grated parmesan...sooooo yummy. Definately one to use again and again. Made for Spring Pick a Chef 2011.
Great quick and easy pasta recipe! I was surprised at how much flavor the noodles picked up without a lot of butter. I used a *generous* pinch of hot pepper flakes 'cause we love them, and added just a little sea salt. Thanks for posting this recipe!