Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
These noodles are wonderful if you need a quick side dish. They use ingredients you may already have in your pantry making them a great last minute dinner addition. The recipe comes from Canadian Living's Make It Tonight.
Top Review by breezermom
I loved that I had everything I needed on hand to make these noodles....always a plus!! I was looking for a low fat noodle dish, and with no butter or cream this worked. I halved the amount of olive oil, but left the garlic and red pepper flakes the same. I did use a bit of the starch water. I also added a little kosher salt to these. Thanks for sharing!
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm (about 8 min).
- Drain noodles, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Return noodles to pot.
- You may moisten the noodles with reserved water if desired.
- Toss with remaining ingredients and serve.