Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
My step-son loves this soup and requests it often. It's perfect for a cold winter night! The original recipe was printed in a pasta magazine printed by Taste of Home, but I've changed it up to fit my families taste. Below is my version of this wonderful soup.
- Place whole chicken in a large stock pot and add enough water to cover chicken.
- Add onion, garlic, chicken bouillon, bay leaves and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about an hour, until chicken is tender and done.
- Remove chicken, reserving stock.
- Allow chicken to cool before de-boning the meat.
- Meanwhile, strain onion, garlic and bay leaves from stock.
- To broth, add carrots and celery.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Stir in chicken.
- Break up noodles and add noodles and seasoning packets to the soup.
- Stir well.
- Cover and simmer about 5 minutes until noodles are done.