Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A very simple noodle salad that makes a great lunch for two. This recipe is easily doubled. Cook time is chilling time.
- Cook Ramen as directed on package.
- Drain noodles and rinse with cold water and place in a medium sized bowl.
- While noodles are cooking combine mayonnaise, Sambal olek, and rice wine vinegar in a small bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the noodles and mix well.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
- Chill 1 – 2 hours before serving.
- Serve on a bed of chopped romaine lettuce.
This made for a quick & hearty lunch, I only used about 1 tblsp sambal oelek which I found plenty spicy for me. Thanks for posting!
I did not like the spicyness of the sambal oelek, and in fact ditched the first dressing I made. However, the second time around I used ranch dressing and a tablespoon of Catalina salad dressing, and this time it was winner. I love the noodle texture added to the chicken salad. Yum! We served it wrapped in romaine lettuce along with Easy Chicken Noodle Soup.
The sambal oelek was a new ingredient for us, unfortunately as written the recipe is way too spicy for two out of 4 in my family. I am the only one in the family that could eat it over lettuce. DS, who can usually eat pretty hot, was turned off by the overpowering spicy flavor saying it didn't compliment the chicken or the mayonnaise. DH & DD couldn't eat it at all. DS & I ate it as a sandwich with cracked wheat bread. I don't know that I'll try it again, but if so I'll cut the sambal oelek in half. Also, I think this recipe could easily feed 4 just as written. If divided only between two diners the portions would be huge, as that's what we did here & still have a lot leftover. Thank you for sharing your creation. Made for Fall 08 Dining on a Dollar - Ramen Noodle challenge.