Jessica K's Note:
This is an Emeril recipe posted for the Canada part of the World Zaar tour contest. I have not made this but looks really good!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) lamb loin chops, trimmed and tied at 1-inch intervals
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or Emeril Essence)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- saskatoonberry chutney
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and stem removed, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups fresh saskatoon berries, rinsed and drained (about 2 pints)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, minced
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs, oil, ginger, mint, Essence or seasoning salt, cumin, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- 3Place the loins in a roasting pan and pat with the breadcrumb mixture to make a crust. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 125 degrees F for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- 4Serve with Saskatoonberry Chutney.
- 5Saskatoonberry Chutney.
- 6In a heavy saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes.
- 7Add the garlic, pepper, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, salt and pepper flakes, and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- 8Add the berries, sugar, and vinegar and simmer over low heat until thickened and reduced, about 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the mint and cook 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ontario Lamb Loin With Saskatoon Berry Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1480.2
- Calories from Fat 1055
- Total Fat 117.2 g
- Saturated Fat 43.8 g
- Cholesterol 251.9 mg
- Sodium 982.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 60.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: