Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the Ontario Harvest Cookbook. Posted for Zaar World Tour II '06
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 lb Quark
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups berries, fresh (your choice)
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Use about 1/2 tablespoon of butter to butter an 8-cup square baking dish; sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- If quark seems moist, place in sieve; press with back of a spoon to remove as much moisture as possible.
- In large bowl using electric mixer, beat together quark and remaining butter until well combined.
- Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in icing sugar; continue beating until mixture is very light.
- Beat in cream, cornstarch, lemon juice and rind.
- In separate bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually fold whites into quark mixture until well combined.
- Arrange fruit in bottom of prepared dish.
- Spoon quark mixture over top. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into centre of dessert comes out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
yes there is a recipe for quark on zaar used raspberries it was good .dee