Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe by Doris Miculan Bradley
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 5 cups potatoes, pureed
- 6 red beets
- 6 cups vegetable stock or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Place the onions, cauliflower beets in large pot with the stock. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, add the dill, cover, and cook over medium heat until the potato and cauliflower are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and puree in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Return to the soup pot. Add the bay leaves, soy sauce, and pepper and fold in pureed potatoes.
- Reheat slowly. Remove Bay leaves before serving.