Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
My sisters and I copied this recipe from our dear Mom who passed away in 2001....anyway it is very popular and my youngest sister brings it to all our family gatherings. Now the next generation is requesting the recipe so I thought I would post it. Enjoy :)
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 2 (19 ounce) cans pork & beans
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Fry bacon until crisp; drain & remove from pan; crumble.
- Saute onions, green peppers in bacon grease.
- Combine remaining ingredients in 2 quart casserole and bake at 350 for 40 minutes, uncovered.
- Or use your crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours.
Whole family loved this! Makes a lot of food. We ate two meals and still had left overs.