Recipe by marisk
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Sometimes I add dried fruit, M&Ms, or chocolate coated raisins, etc. You may need to make adjustments if in a high altitude area. If you like your brownies extra sweet just increase the amount of confectioners sugar or the brown sugar. A light coat of Kittencal's Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!)) works well for the sticking problem.
Top Review by Gerry
Irresistibly good! Chocolatey, rich and delicious. These are really good brownies. Made for a special occasion and expect they will see to another baking for Easter. Frosted half with a fudge frosting, powdered the other half with icing sugar ... the sweet lovers emptied the platter. Other than using a 9x13 pan made as posted - they were done in just a touch over 30 minutes. Thank you for a great brownie recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup ghiradelli premium baking cocoa
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar (not packed)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (pecans or macadamia nuts) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- confectioners' sugar, to finish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter (low heat) in medium saucepan.
- Add cocoa powder ; stir until well mixed.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and both sugars.
- Add eggs to mixture, one at a time. (Mix each one in before adding the next.).
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold nuts and chips to the butter mix.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Pour mixture into a 10x14 inch baking pan making sure it is spread out evenly. You can grease and flour the pan but I use parchment paper to ease the cleanup. [it will work in a 9x13 pan but will be thicker -- baking time will probably be affected -- I think an extra 5 minutes will do it].
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Slice when brownies have cooled. If you want it really sweet, sprinkle on a bit of confectioner’s sugar to give it a nice finish.
- Option: I sometimes I chop 1/2 cup dried cherries and 1/2 cup dried cranberries and add these to the mix in place of the nuts. and sometimes I add 1-2 cups mini marshmallows to the original recipe.