Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
I found this recipe on the web some time ago so I'm not sure who to credit with the original recipe, but it sure made its way to my favorite recipes. I don't use the sesame seeds, simply because I'm not fond of them but thought others might.
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 3 lbs pork spareribs, cut into single ribs
- garlic salt
- all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bring the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger slices to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, place rib pieces into a large bowl, and season to taste with garlic salt and pepper.
- Toss with a little flour to coat, then toss with ginger sauce.
- Place ribs onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, then turn ribs over, and bake an additional 45 minutes, until tender.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.