Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This recipe started with my grand dad, Big Charlie, when he was in the merchant marines. My dad reduced it from 150 to 2 pies. Now it is a required pie for all holidays. The fourth generation is now taking the making of it over. It easy to adjust for dietary requirements.
- mix gelatin with saved juice. Set aside.
- whip cream to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- blend sugar, egg and cream cheese until smooth and pineapple mix well.
- add gelatin mixture.
- Fold whip cream with cream cheese mixture.
- Split between 8" pie crusts.
- Refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.