Recipe by Lynn Marshall
This recipe started with my grand dad, Big Charlie, when he was in the merchant marines. My dad reduced it from 150 to 2 pies. Now it is a required pie for all holidays. The fourth generation is now taking the making of it over. It easy to adjust for dietary requirements.
- 16 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope gelatin
- 1.5 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple (drained save 1/4 cup of juice)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 graham cracker crust
Directions See How It's Made
- mix gelatin with saved juice. Set aside.
- whip cream to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- blend sugar, egg and cream cheese until smooth and pineapple mix well.
- add gelatin mixture.
- Fold whip cream with cream cheese mixture.
- Split between 8" pie crusts.
- Refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.