I was desperately searching for the rather plain macaroni salad served at Ono Hawaiian BBQ and this one comes close! Apparently, this is a typical macaroni salad from the islands. I've also made it with tuna instead of crab, and edamame (soy beans) instead of peas, and it turned out great!
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 9 ounces frozen peas, cooked
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pickle relish
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 chopped yellow onions (optional) or 2 chopped scallions (optional)
- 3⁄4 quart Best Foods Mayonnaise, as needed
- Boil macaroni to al dente - do not over cook; drain & cool.
- Add all other ingredients to cooled macaroni then add the mayo. The macaroni will absorb the mayo, so you may want to make your salad a day ahead to let the flavors combine. You might also want to add more mayo just before serving. Enjoy!