I got this recipe from a friend in Hawaii. Ono means good in Hawaiian and these are very good. Make sure that they marinate over night to let the flavors develop.
- Cut off and discard the small tip of each wing.
- Cut main wing at joint.
- Combine first 8 ingredients and stir until dissolved.
- Pour over chicken and marinate overnight.
- Be sure sauce covers all pieces.
- Drain and save marinade.
- In large skillet, heat a small amount of oil and brown chicken on all sides over medium.
- When brown, add 1/2 cup marinade; cover; reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Stir and add more marinade if necessary.