Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Wonderful fresh tasting salad with a hint of garlic. This was given to me by a friend many years ago after I had it at a picnic and loved it.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Cut vegetables into bite size pieces and add peas. Finely slice onions.
- Mix sour cream and mayonnaise together with seasonings. Mix well and add to vegetables.
- Best if made 24 hours ahead to marinate. Keeps quite well.
This recipe exceeded my expectations. Just tasted some this morning and yum! I did halve the recipe because I didn't have a bowl big enough put the full recipe in. Used Mrs. Dash garlic and herb and everything else exactly as written. (did use the lower fat versions of sour cream and mayo.) Thanks Bonnie for sharing your recipe.
Yum yum!I halved the recipe and used Spike seasoning cause I didn't have Mrs. Dash. Grat salad that got eaten right up! Thanks! Made for the Pick a Chef game.