Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Got to love mashed potatoes, the ultimate Comfort Food. When I'm aiming at mashed spuds, I will usually opt for Yukon Gold potato, as opposed the other varieties.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, split and finely chopped
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender (though there is an argument to be made for steaming peas and/or carrots above them so as to sweat some added juices into the mix).
- Add butter, onions and sour cream and mash very vigorously (more than you normally would!).
- Depending what you are "complementing" (ie beef, pork, chicken etc) you could add some stock and reduce the fats.
- If serving with no gravy, add a bit to the onion; if the gravy is thicker, reduce onion, but remember to carry on "mashing" for a minute or three longer than you believe you must -- .
it was great i made it again and added mayo instead of sour cream it was also awsome