Recipe by RZ1234
This recipe came from the need to grab something to eat while working on the computer. The ingredients were just about the only edible foods left in the fridge. I have to say this is one of the tastiest, most satisfying things I've ever whipped up for lunch! The sesame pita bread came from Trader Joes, as did the pre-marinated Tri-Tip. You could use any leftover cooked meat, and adjust the flavorings infinitely. Don't change the apples and onions, though, they are what brought it all together. Easy to eat in one hand, leaving one free to control the mouse!
- 1 sesame pita bread
- 2 slices leftover tri-tip steak (cooked!)
- 1⁄2 small red onion
- 1⁄2 large apple
- 1⁄2 tablespoon caesar salad dressing (can substitute mayo)
- olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice the red onion and quickly sauté in olive oil.
- Thinly slice apple and add after onions have started to get translucent.
- Cook until softened.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, then lay Tri-Tip over apples and onions to warm it up.
- Add a few drops of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Slice the top 1/5th off the pita bread (I keep my pita bread frozen, so I like to warm it in my toaster oven at 100°F for about 2 minutes).
- I try to find and slice off the thinnest side so my sandwich doesn't rip.
- Drizzle the salad dressing inside the pita bread.
- Fill the pita with the meat, then the onions and apples.
- Bring it to your computer, sit down, and surf while you eat!