Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
One of my DH's favorites
Make and share this Oniony Braised Round Steak recipe from Food.com.
- In 10" skillet over medium-high heat cook bacon until light brown; push to side of skillet.
- Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, cut round steak into 6 serving pieces.
- In hot bacon drippings cook steaks until well browned on both sides.
- Stir in undiluted soup and pepper; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour or until steaks are fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove steaks to warm platter; keep warm.
- In cup, blend flour and 1/4 cup water until smooth.
- Gradually add to hot liquid in skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened.
- Serve gravy over steaks.
this was sooooo good! my husband loved it. i highly recommend this. although i used a 1 pound steak cut into thirds and kept everything else the same. turned out fabulous!