Recipe by Bergy
I posted this recipe way back in 2001(this is 2008) since then my taste in the texture of veggies has changed . I like to have them crunchy. I didn't want to change the recipe because some folks like it as is. However this is how I make this recipe now - The sauce is the same. As you can see by my photos I use small (apprx 1 1/2" onions, leave them whole. Cook them for 5 mnutes and bake them in the sauce for only 25 minutes. They come out crunchy and just cooked enough. Enjoy them either way
- 2 lbs onions, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions for 10 minutes in lightly salted, boiling water, drain and put onions.
- in an oven proof casserole dish.
- Mix together ketchup, water, honey, butter, mustard salt& pepper.
- Pour over the onions.
- Bake in 350F degrees oven, uncovered, for 1 hour.