1/1 Photo of Onions, Monaco Style
The way the French cook their onions!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put onions in skillet with wine, vinegar, salt, pepper, and lemon slices.
- 2Simmer until onions are just tender but still crisp in the center.
- 3Stir in tomato paste and raisins and cook for several minutes.
- 4Remove the onions to a dish.
- 5Let the juices cook down with the raisins until the liquid is almost a glaze.
- 6Pour over the onions and chill.
- 7Serve as an hors-d'oeuvre or with cold meat.
- 8Makes 8 to 12 servings.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onions, Monaco Style
Serving Size: 1 (2653 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 335.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g