Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not just another pretty applesauce dish! This is for the cook who is not afraid to try something a little different with her pork! This combination makes your mouth smile from the inside out! And it takes very little effort or time to throw it into the oven !
- 6 medium size apples, I used MacIntosh
- 1 small onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- nutmeg (just a sprinkle)
- Turn your oven up to 350°F.
- While your oven is heating, peel and core and slice your apples.
- Finely slice your onions.
- Add the sliced apples to an oven proof dish.
- Add the onions.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the apples and onion mixture.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix all together.
- Cover the dish.
- Bake for approximately 30 - 40 minutes.
- The apples and onions will be very soft when cooked.
- Serve with pork chops or pork roast.
- Delicious !