Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Onions cooked in honey, white wine and thyme.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large onions, sliced
- 250 ml dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Place butter and oil in large frypan over medium heat.
- When butter has melted, add onions and cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes until onions have softened but not coloured.
- Add wine, honey and thyme and stir to combine.
- Cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Lovely and easy way to prepare onions, and fabulous flavour, we loved these! The honey gives a touch of sweetness which is very pleasant combined with the thyme, if I had these in a restaurant I'd be asking for the recipe! Thanks, Jewelies, marvellous recipe and a keeper for me!
OH, what a great way to fix onions. Piled them on a burger and had a heaping side. Will fix them again and again. Thanks Jewelies
Lovely recipe. I served this over some lightly herbed chicken breasts and buttered rice. I will experiment with this and try it with other combos of food. Thanks for posting!