Recipe by Jewelies
Onions cooked in honey, white wine and thyme.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Lovely and easy way to prepare onions, and fabulous flavour, we loved these! The honey gives a touch of sweetness which is very pleasant combined with the thyme, if I had these in a restaurant I'd be asking for the recipe! Thanks, Jewelies, marvellous recipe and a keeper for me!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large onions, sliced
- 250 ml dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 sprigs thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter and oil in large frypan over medium heat.
- When butter has melted, add onions and cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes until onions have softened but not coloured.
- Add wine, honey and thyme and stir to combine.
- Cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.