Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an interesting recipe from Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery, vol. 8. I love onions!
- 3 cups finely chopped mild onions
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 8 ounces fine noodles
- 2 cups rich beef bouillon or 2 cups consomme (or make it vegetarian and use veg. stock)
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley
- Saute onions in butter for a few minutes; add uncooked noodles and stir.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add bouillon; cover and simmer until cooked,about 30 minutes.
- If using vegetable stock, you may want to add seasoning, such as George Washington or another chicken or beef style vegetarian seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Makes 6 servings.
this is a really nice side dish. i added some paprika, thyme, and fresh parsley for color, and served this with roasted chicken. i will make this again as it is quick and easy for a weeknight dinner.
Great recipe! It had a lot of flavor to it. I hadded a little garlic powder and topped it with some shredded cheddar cheese, yum. Thanks! Made this for ZWT3.
Great simple recipe using items I always have on hand. I didnt cook my onions much since I like the crunch they have. I used whole wheat pasta since thats what I had. Great recipe that can be played around with! Made for ZWT 3!