Recipe by Sharon123
This is an interesting recipe from Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery, vol. 8. I love onions!
Top Review by chia
this is a really nice side dish. i added some paprika, thyme, and fresh parsley for color, and served this with roasted chicken. i will make this again as it is quick and easy for a weeknight dinner.
- 3 cups finely chopped mild onions
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 8 ounces fine noodles
- 2 cups rich beef bouillon or 2 cups consomme (or make it vegetarian and use veg. stock)
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in butter for a few minutes; add uncooked noodles and stir.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add bouillon; cover and simmer until cooked,about 30 minutes.
- If using vegetable stock, you may want to add seasoning, such as George Washington or another chicken or beef style vegetarian seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Makes 6 servings.