Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from Taste of Home. I was surprised because often their recipes call for cans of soup and other processed ingredients. I made these for our Christmas dinner. They were delicious and looked very elegant considering how simple they were.
- 1⁄2 lb onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Saute onions, half the salt, and pepper in butter in a large skillet until tender but not browned.
- Divide among eight 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and remaining salt.
- Combine the eggs, water and milk and whisk into the flour mixture just until blended.
- Fill each ramekin with 1/4 cup of batter.
- Bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.