Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of National Onion Association.
- 6 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 18 slices multigrain bread
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced cucumber, marinated in french dressing
- 12 crisp lettuce leaves
- 12 tomatoes, slices
- 6 ounces thinly sliced cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups alfalfa sprouts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread cream cheese evenly over 6 slices of bread.
- Top with half of the onion slices and all the cucumbers.
- Stack with lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and a second slice of bread.
- Lay cheddar over second bread slice, then add sprouts and remaining onions.
- Top with third slice of bread. Cut sandwiches in half and secure with picks.