Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Everyone loves those canned French-fried onions that go on top of the famous potluck vegetable dish of green beans with cream of mushroom gravy. Try them on other casseroles to add crunch, like this easy turkey and broccoli divan that comes in handy to use up your Thanksgiving turkey leftovers! (From Betty Crocker's "Money Saving Meals" cookbook).
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (regular or low-fat)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup French-fried onions, coarsely crushed
- Heat oven to 375. Spray 8" square glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer broccoli and turkey in baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix soup, mayo and milk; stir in cheese.
- Spread over turkey and broccoli.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with onions.
- Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly and broccoli is tender.