Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Anytime delight and so easy to make !
- 10 medium onions
- 5 medium ripe red tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons mustard oil
- Peel the onions and give 2 slits diagonally without letting the layers come off.
- Use of mustard oil is preferred but feel free to use your regular cooking oil if you want.
- Take a heavy bottomed skillet or broad pan with flat bottom.
- Let oil smoke properly if you are using mustard oil.
- Once oil is smoked, lower the heat, wait for the oil to cool down for a minute or so (you can also turn the heat off for a minute).
- Add all the spices and the salt.
- Take care as not to burn the spices.
- Immediately add onions and tomatoes.
- Keep sauteeing and tossing them on high flame/heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Let them go brown on the edges.
- Do not cover the lid.
- The blush is ready to be served alongside any favourite main course dish of yours.
I'm confused, not an unusual state for me. Do you add the tomatoes whole and are the onions cut through to the root and basically whole also? Thanks for the help.
I did't have Mustard oil so used canola. Very tasty.
Wish i could give more stars...absolutely special.